Maidstone Intermediate School Uniform
Full School Uniform PE Uniform
Students will wear School Uniform to and from School and during School hours. Maidstone sports uniform will be worn by students while participating in PE/sport lessons,and when representing the School at inter-school events.Compulsory ItemsThe official Maidstone Intermediate School uniform consists of these compulsory items:
- Black drill shorts with MIS crest; (all items have crest except for the socks);
- Grey sweatshirt;
- Grey polo knit shirt (boys)
- White polo knit shirt (girls)
- Plain knee length grey socks (boys);
- Plain knee length white socks (girls);
- School PE Uniform—tops and shorts
- Plain black lace up leather shoes or plain black lace up track shoes. This includes black soles. Boots or canvas shoes will not be permitted.
- School hat (compulsory Terms 1 and 4).
These items are optional:
- School jacket
- School long pants (Terms 2 & 3)
- School Polar Fleece (Terms 2 & 3)
- Black school scarf (Terms 2 & 3)
- Black school beanie (Terms 2 & 3)
School uniform is to be kept clean and tidy – damaged, defaced, worn out uniform is not accepted.The school jacket, long pants, polar fleece, scarf and beanie may be worn during the 2nd and 3rd terms when the weather requires it. Students are expected to clothe themselves appropriately for the temperature of the day.Outside gear may not be worn inside, i.e jackets, scarves, hats and beanies.Uniform ChangesWhen future changes in uniform are proposed, these will be discussed with the SRC, PTA and the Board.Uniform Infringement PolicyInfringements of uniform policy will be dealt with through the discipline policy.
Jewellery & Make-up
Students are not permitted to wear jewellery except for a watch, signet ring, one pair of small, plain stud earrings. If necklaces, chains, or bone carvings are worn, they must be kept out of sight. No responsibility is accepted for jewellery that is damaged or lost. Students are not permitted to wear make-up or nail polish while at school.
2016/17 Price list click here...School Pricelist_Maidstone 2016-2017.pdf
Students may wear their own black jacket. Jackets or coats, hats and beanies may be worn to and from school and outside the classroom, but not inside. (We have a very efficient gas central heating system).
PLEASE NAME ALL ARTICLES OF CLOTHING, INCLUDING HATS, SHOES AND SOCKS.
Put the name on the bands and not on labels as these can be easily removed.
Lost property is collected and held for two weeks in the Lost Property Box located in the office. It is then washed and placed in the emergency supply.
The school does not operate a second hand uniform supply. Parents with uniform to sell are advised to advertise through Trademe or on the Countdown, or Mall Noticeboards.
Hats and socks can be purchased from the school office during the school year.