Fun run fundraiser 2019
A huge thank you to our school whānau for the huge effort and commitment that was put into our fun run fundraiser. This was a hugely successful event and the results far exceeded our expectations - so thank you! Please see the details below:
Total profit made: Over $16,000
Chromebooks to be purchased: Over 50
|Most money raised by a student||Niamh Shannon (Room 3)||Chromebook||NORRCOM|
|Most donations over $2||Grace McPartland (Room 9)||$100 voucher||The Warehouse|
|Hendrix Codyre(Room 3)||$100 voucher||The Warehouse|
|Most money raised by a class||Room 3||Pizza lunch||Dominoes|
|Most laps run||Arana Robertson (Room 4)||Headphones||Newbolds|
|Cory Windleburn (Room 19)||Headphones||Newbolds|
MAJOR PRIZE DRAW
Congratulations to the winner of the major prize this year - Jordan Russell (Room 8). Jordan has won 2 tickets on the South Coast Discovery flight supplied by Wellington Helicopters. This flight takes around 25 minutes and will depart Wellington City and head towards the south coast via the Makara Wind Farm. Weather permitting, the flight will stop off at an isolated seal colony before returning to Wellington. Special thanks to Wellington Helicopters for the great deal they gave us on this. https://www.helicopters.net.nz
Many other students won smaller prizes in this draw, including the 10 lucky students who received sports headphones kindly donated by 100% Newbolds Upper Hutt.
This event could not have been so successful without the support of our community. An extra special thank you must go to:
- Michael Reid for being the main organiser for this event.
- Grant Reid, Maddy Mills and Lucy Twigg for being the organising committee.
- Whanau members who helped with sausage sizzles, supplying cup cakes, marking students as they ran laps, being there to support us on the day and especially donating a significant amount of hard earned money.
- Sandra Smith for dealing with the amount of money and forms that had to be processed in the office.
- Maidstone Staff for working incredibly hard and making this event so successful
- The students who put so much effort into raising money, running laps and making the event so successful.
And finally to our sponsors who kindly donated most of the prizes:
NORRCOM THE WAREHOUSE DOMINOES UPPER HUTT 100% NEWBOLDS UPPER HUTT
The chromebooks that we will be able to purchase as a result of this fundraiser are hugely beneficial for learning and will make a real difference for our students and staff.